When you think of tea, it’s usually for drinking–whether hot or cold. Well tea is also the perfect poaching liquid for your favorite fruits too! Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Tea Poached Apricots you’ve just got to try! We use WHOLE Bush Tea–our custom-blended tea–but you can use jasmine tea as well with equally tasty results.
4 cups water
4 tsp WHOLE Bush or Jasmine Tea
1/3 cup Light Agave Nectar, or honey
8 ripe Apricots
1 cup creme fraiche or vanilla yogurt for garnish
1. In medium saucepan, bring water just to a boil. Add tea; cover and brew 5 minutes. Remove tea. Stir in Agave Nectar or honey.
2. Meanwhile, thoroughly wash and dry apricots.
3. Add apricots to tea mixture in saucepan and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until fruit is tender, but intact.
4. With a slotted spoon, carefully remove apricots to four serving bowls, 2 per bowl.
5. Raise heat under pot of reserved tea to high, and boil vigorously until tea reduces by half to a syrup.
6. Drizzle tea syrup over apricots, then top with crème fraiche or yogurt. Enjoy!